- (510) 599-3303
TextLess Live More is a peer-to-peer national awareness campaign with a mission to:
- End distracted driving permanently
- Prevent tragic accidents and deaths caused by distracted driving
- Educate and raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving, such as texting, streaming, posting and using social media behind-the-wheel
Through peer-to-peer dialogue, education and behavior modification around the dangers of distracted driving, TextLess Live More's goal is to save lives and prevent accidents so we can make driving safe for everyone.
TextLess Live More was founded by friends of Merritt Levitan, an 18-year-old girl who lost her life on July 3, 2013 to a young person who was texting behind-the-wheel. Merritt died because of 4 seconds of texting. She is the inspiration behind our mission.
The following are activities that can be completed to earn points and help start TextLess Live More in your school or community:
- Host a TextLess Live More Education assembly at school or within your community
- Create a TextLess Live More challenge event or social events such as a bake sale, frisbee contest, tennis tournament, soccer game or anything that supports "Live More"
- Sign the TLLM Pledge to Never Text and Drive
- Practice phone-free living for an hour, a day, or even during lunch
- Establish a TLLM phone-free zone at your school in the lunchroom, student center, or gym
- Send out a TLLM monthly email to remind people about the dangers of distracted driving
- Put up TLLM Pledge sheets around your school or community
- Be creative! Have fun! Get the message out about TLLM to End Distracted Driving
For more information, please visit http://www.textlesslivemore.org/.
1. Visit http://www.textlesslivemore.org/.
2. Find and download the toolkit to learn more about the available activities TextLess Live More has to offer.
To Get Your Points:
1. Complete any of the activities TextLess Live More offers.
2. Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county and school.
5. Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
**Note - Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!**